Advantages of Dental Veneers
Dental veneer is a thin layer which is made of porcelain or composite resin and it is fit on the front surface of teeth. These are helpful to improve your appearance of teeth that are stained or mis-happened. Dental veneers help to change the shape, color and size of teeth. This is better cosmetic dentistry treatment than dental bonding.
Advantages of dental veneers:
- Veneers are fixed to replace the mis-happened teeth
- To avoid the stain on the teeth
- People with gaps in their teeth can have the treatment to fill the gaps
- This makes the teeth look natural and healthy
- If your teeth is having periodontal disease then this treatment will be useful
Dental veneers and its treatment
- Composite veneers procedure: This is similar to bonding, but has better affect when compared to bonding. If the dentist is performing composite resin veneers treatment then composite resin is applied to your tooth surface. After that a light is used to harden the resin. Once it is hardened, polishing is done. Now teeth look more natural and smooth.
- Porcelain veneers procedure: If dentist performs porcelain veneers treatment during the first visit, dentist will give you anesthesia and removes the enamel from teeth which will leave place for veneers. Now to make porcelain veneers, a mold is used and temporary are placed in the place of removed enamel. During the second treatment the dentist removes the temporary veneers after that he will put some chemical on the tooth surface to make it rough. Finally porcelain veneers are attached to your teeth by using composite resin cement.
People treated with dental veneers treatment have long lasting and healthy teeth with natural look.
- You must brush and floss your teeth daily
- Change your brush after 2 months
- Approach a qualified dentist for proper treatment otherwise problems may arise again
- If cavities are formed under the teeth or when veneers are chipped then it must be re-done
- Continuous grinding and chewing must be avoided
- Don’t bite hard objects
- Visit your dentist regularly for proper result
This may help you to keep away your dental problems from life and make you feel better and confident enough.