Today you see many kinds of brushes, with many shapes, styles and sizes. So it will create confusion in many of you from deciding which kind of to buy. Here are tips to buy the best toothbrush to your regular use.
- The brush should have soft bristles, because most dental professionals agree that a brush with a soft bristled is best for removing plaque and debris from your teeth and more likely less injure your gums. The hard bristled brush can damage your gums as well as teeth.
- The bristles of the brush should be made of nylon and the ends should be rounded. For hygienic reasons, the bristles should be made from synthetic rather than natural materials because natural bristles are porous and likely to absorb bacteria.
- It should be small headed that should be correctly angled to reach every teeth front and back because it is hard to reach back teeth.
- The handle of the brush should be non-slip grip or with flexible neck, the shape of the brush should be rectangular or tapered, the style of the bristles should be rippled, flat or trimmed to dome shape, but pick that you find most comfortable to you. Remember that should fit comfortably in your mouth and reach all you teeth easily.
- For treatment of plaque, ultrasonic and electrical tooth-brushing methods are very effective. Because it can do a better job in cleaning teeth, especially for those who have difficult in brushing and limited manual dexterity.
- Your toothbrush should be replaced once in every two to three months or earlier, when you find a wear in it. It is also better to replace your brush after you have had a cold, because the bristles collect the germs that can leads to reinfection.
These are the tips to choose the best toothbrush to your regular use.