Drunk driving at night is dangerous as it can lead to disastrous consequences because people get tired at the end of the day and they get sleep at that time. When driving especially at night for long distances, it is common to want to doze off. If driving is not necessary at nighttime and you wanted to sleep, you can pull your vehicle to one side of the road and you can take nap for a while. But what will you do if you have to drive at nights without wasting time even you are feeling sleepy and and are unable to sleep? The only solution for this is to awake whole night and drive to reach the destination place.
However sleep is necessary to our health. Millions of people who don’t get sufficient sleep at night, they get sleep during the day- which interferes daily activities. It is especially dangerous to people who are on the road. Driving in a drowsy state is a danger.
Below are some of the tips which helps you stay awake while driving during night or the day:
- Consume energy drink because this will raise your level of alertness for a reasonable span of driving time.
- Use some Electronic devices to alert you when you are getting sleep while driving.
- You get some snacks in a smaller bites for the amount of journey.
- Eat slowly this snack during your journey such that you will awake for a longer times.
- For every some miles, stop the vehicle to one side of the safe place and rest for few minutes or do some exercises.
- Do something that engages more than one sense.
- Drink beverages like coffee, water so that you will awake for many hours. Caffeine in coffee will keep you awake and water will help you for frequent bathrooms.
- If two members are there in the vehicle, then share the driving for some time.
- You can sing on yourself or you can talk with the person besides you. But always concentrate on driving by keeping your eyes on the road.
- Try to listen to music which you do not like or you will hate it. Even you can tune to a station which cannot stand. This will be helpful to awake. Here make sure that you never listen to the songs which are rhythmic and soothing.
- Chewing gum helps a lot because it throws away sleep and yawning.
- Open your vehicle windows because a strong, cold window can also help you stay alert.
- Slap your face if you get continuously sleep and also take a deep breath.