Domestic power bill is a significant expense for middle class households. Unless monitored, it will make a big hole in your wallet.
To fix the issue, smarten up your power consumption pattern. You could, for example, use 5-star rated appliances which, will help save power and prune your power bills substantially.
In this article, we will furnish useful tips to save domestic power.
There is more use of appliances here. To save power, consider the following points.
- Open curtains during the day to allow more sunlight and cool breeze to enter in to the room.
- Avoid locating heaters near windows.
- Avoid heating the room, when you are not using the room.
- Use CFL bulbs in the living room. These bulbs require less power and provides more lighting.
- Unplug all the electrical appliances when the room is not in use.
- Turn off mobile charger if your mobile is sufficiently charged.
Appliances like mixer grinder, dishwasher, electric stove, water filter, microwave oven, coffee maker etc. consume considerable power. So these appliances require much energy if you don’t operate carefully.
- Switch on lights only when they are needed.
- Avoid using electric ovens/ranges, use gas stoves instead.
- If you are not using any electronic appliance, try to unplug the cords from the switch board.
- Turn off your refrigerator if there is no storage items are there to store in it.
- Replace refrigerator and freezer, if they are too old, as such appliances consume more power.
- Place refrigerator where no heating appliances are there around.
- Avoid loading the refrigerator fully. It consumes more energy.
Following are the tips for saving energy in the bedrooms
- Avoid using electric blankets on the bed. Use an extra blanket, if need be.
- Don’t run the air conditioner continuously when you are not there.
- If you are using desktop computer, try to turn off the computer when not in use. Desk top computers consume more power than laptop computers.
- During the day time, open windows to allow light into your room.
- Use foam for insulation.
You can save power in this room when you operate your washing machine correctly.
- Use cold water to wash cloths.
- Use washing machine loaded fully.
- Use dryer for full loads of clothes.
- Select shorter cycle rates for washing clothes in washing machine.
- Avoid having full baths as it requires more water. More water means more power consumption required to heat that water.
- When turn off lights when not in use.
- Cut down temperature of hot water tank to 1300 F to 1400 F.
Try these tips, we are pretty sure, you save on domestic power bill.