As brushing teeth is important to maintain oral hygiene, choosing right toothpaste is also very important. But it may be very confusing and difficult as the market contains many brands and types of toothpastes that are available for sensitive, tartar, smokers, polish, whitening, gum care, plaque control etc. Following are the tips on how to choose toothpaste that better suits you:
- Choose fluoridated toothpaste that has enough fluoride, if you want to prevent cavities.
- As there are many brands of toothpastes according to the specializations, choose toothpaste that better tastes and gives the best feel to you.
- If you are experienced with sensitivity, use sensitivity toothpaste, but avoid use of whitening toothpaste.
- If you want to control plaque or tartar, use plaque control or tartar control toothpastes.
- If you take excessive tea or coffee regularly, use whitening toothpaste. But remember that this toothpaste removes only adherent strain.
- If you are a regular smoker, use toothpaste that is specially designed for smokers.
- While choosing toothpaste in the market, look for ADA seal.
- Before going to choose toothpaste, consult dentist for unknown or invisible dental problems.
- Avoid heavily sweetened toothpaste, because the excessive of sugar leads to tooth decay and other oral health problems.
Follow these tips while you are going choose toothpaste for your dental care or oral hygiene.