A clean carpet in your home gives your many benefits. It gives a fresh, clean look to your room so that it will smell better, healthier and your carpet will last longer. Many people install carpets in their home but they don’t know how to maintain it.
Below are tips for maintaining carpets in your home.
- Regular vacuuming keeps your carpet clean and healthy because it sucks entire dust and dirt. Before cleaning your carpet, choose a vacuum with dual motors, good filtering systems, correct brushes which suits your carpet.
- Even you use carpet sweepers to clean the carpet but it is not as effective as vacuum cleaner.
- Deep cleaning is another method for keeping your carpet clean. Clean the carpet at least once in every six months. You can do it yourself by purchasing deep cleaning equipment. Or, you can take the help of professionals. In this, vacuuming is the first step to clean the carpet. Then, use spray detergent solutions to the carpet to remove the dust from the carpet. After spraying, use brush for spreading the detergents on the carpet. Then, use hot water for cleaning the carpet. Then, dry the carpet by the dryer or other air dryer machines.
- If your carpet is small, dry it on rods so that the water drains off.
- You can clean your carpet by different methods like rattan rug beaters, and carpet-beating machines for beating out dust, and also brooms, dustpans, and shaking and hanging procedure.