These days many drivers are falling prey to auto insurance fraud. This happens when a person deliberately causes an accident with your vehicle and acts as if you were at fault. Such fraudsters are increasing these days as they get compensation from their insurers when they submit fraudulent claims.
Therefore, before buying auto insurance, you need to know how people often falling into such traps of fraud auto insurance and you need to learn how to avoid from being implicated. It is not only for your protection but also to save your money because, insurance premiums increase when you make claims. Here you can find some steps or precautions in order to protect yourself from auto insurance fraud.
Tips to protect yourself from auto insurance fraud
- Call the police immediately, without fail, whenever an accident occurs. This is because fraudsters may damage their own vehicle and claim that these damages were caused by your fault in the accident. So, reporting the details of incident to the police can protect you against insurance fraud.
- Take photos of the vehicles involved in the accident by your mobile or camera.
- Note registration numbers of the vehicles involved in the accident, along with the names of the people and witnesses.
- Never take cash from the fraudsters, as many of those offer cash and escape when they find themselves getting nothing when trying to make fraud.
- Avoid signing any blank insurance claim forms.
- Be cautious, when someone passes and seems to have suspicious behavior.
These precautions can help you keep fraudulent claim away, and thus, protect yourself from auto insurance frauds.