Saving space in luggage is very important while packing suitcases. The reason is that the total volume of the suitcase is filled with only few essential items and you need another new bag to place the remaining items. However, carrying more luggage while traveling becomes difficult to the traveler as also s/he will not enjoy the trip because luggage is so heavy that are difficult to manage. Even the Airlines are restricting the size of carry-on and check bags during a flight. You should, therefore, be careful while packing your suitcases. However, if items are not arranged well in the suitcase, much of the interior space of the suitcase is wasted.
Following are some space saving tips for packing suitcases:
- Before packing, first make the list of what you exactly want to pack in your suitcase.
- Never pack bulky jackets and shoes in your suitcase. Instead you wear or carry bulkier jackets and shoes (this item can only be worn).
- Only pack essential items in your suitcase.
- Use plastic Zip lock bags in order to store your belongings. This will be helpful to you in saving space in your suitcase.
- After filling the larger items in the suitcase, you will find some small gaps between them. So, fill these areas with smaller items like socks, undergarments, non-destructible items, and also fill the shoes with breakable items.
- Rolling some clothes will also save some space in the suitcase.
- Instead of bringing large bottles of shampoos, toiletries you bring these products in a small portions or small bottles.
- Always pack light weight clothes and also make sure that it takes less space when folded or packed.
- Pack less clothes for traveling and give it to laundry when needed while traveling.
- Follow the Transportation Security Authorization (TSA) for how to pack.
- Pack mix and match clothes which will suit for any events or occasions.
- Minimize swimsuits in your packing because it takes much more space.