Drug use when makes the user suffer from negative physical or psychological effects, becomes drug abuse. Drug addiction ruins lives. The best way to lose the addiction is to avoid it in the initial stages.
Here are some tips to avoid drug addiction:
- First take a strong decision to stop using drugs, also be ready to face yourself and deal with confrontations from others.
- Do not expect immediate results, it takes at least three months before significant improvement occurs, so don’t give up if you don’t get instant results.
- Avoid the persons who encourages you to take drugs and also do not spend time with people who use drugs.
- Take nutritional food while withdrawing from the drugs, take the foods that are rich in proteins and also foods that are easy to eat, for example soups.
- Find and join in some local groups like Narcotics Anonymous or SMART Recovery which helps the drug addicted people to recover.
- Get in touch with a friend who do not take drugs and if possible stay with him.
- Write down a list of things you enjoyed doing before you started using drugs and remember the memorable people, places, things, events, activities, emotions, times, dates etc in your life before you got addicted to drugs.
- Exercise, eating healthy food and living healthy are excellent ways for you to avoid using drugs.
- Find healthy activities to replace drug usage and also take support of the friends and family members to avoid drugs.
- Think positively and form some health goals and try to achieve them in shorter periods as it boosts your confidence.
- Finally contact a therapist and follow some medications to avoid the drugs.
By following above tips one can prevent themselves from drug addiction.