Like any other room in the home, bathroom is also important. As it is associated with daily and continuous use, proper and necessary care should be taken to make it beautiful and also functional. Various flooring options for bathroom are available that give a different appearance to the bathroom. However, tiles are preferred most commonly by many people. Different types of tiles are available in the market. But, it is necessary to know certain tips for choosing the right tiles for your bathroom.
- There are various options of tiles including ceramic, glass, granite, vinyl and many others. You can choose any of these based on your interests.
- The foremost and important thing that you need to check is the slip-resistant feature. Ensure that you choose tiles which are slip-resistant to avoid falling of older people and kids.
- It is necessary to consider the size of your bathroom when selecting the tiles. The size of the tiles used reflect the size and proportion of the room. In order to make your small bathroom look larger, make sure that you do not use same sized tiles for walls and floor. You can use large-sized tiles for your floor and smaller ones for walls or vice versa.
- Then you need to check the maintenance requirements. Some tiles require less maintenance while some need much. There are certain tiles which need resealing for every three years. Hence, if you can afford for the maintenance costs, you can opt such type of tiles. Otherwise, go for the ones which need less maintenance.
- Different shades of colors can be chosen based on the style that you wish to add to the bathroom.
These tips can be helpful for choosing the right tiles for your bathroom.