Today curtains are used as decorative items, in addition to the providing privacy. These have become a essential part in the hotel décor. The hotel owners should take care in selecting the curtains which suits their hotel rooms best. There are many types of curtains available in the market which are offered by many manufacturers. There are also wide variety of curtains based on the type of materials used, size, color, design and pattern, etc.
Below are the some of the tips to choose a right kind of curtain for the hotel rooms which enhance the attractiveness of the hotel room and gives pleasing environment for the guests in the hotel:
- The fabric of the curtain should match upholstery which gives uniform look to the hotel room.
- It is better to select neutral colors for curtains if the room is already cluttered with lots of pictures, furniture and other accessories.
- It is better for the hotel management to buy curtains that give a pleasing and attractive look to the room and get well blended with its entire look, while maintaining their distinctive identity.
- Before going to purchase a curtain for windows, it is important to consider the type of window, background and the color.
- The curtains which needs dry cleaning involves high maintenance costs and choose the curtains which needs less maintenance.
- The most important thing while buying curtains is the fitting, so measure the area in which the curtain to be hanged and according to those measurements buy the curtain which fits correctly.
- Hotel management can create space within a room to establish a social zone by placing carpets or attractive rugs.
- It is better to opt for gauzy or sheer curtains if the guests in the hotel room want to let in air and light into the room.
Proper care should be taken while selecting the curtains, as they add up to the beauty of the room.