It is important for the parents to educate and encourage the children to maintain an appropriate weight and this can be done with the help of a good diet program. A balanced diet provides essential nutrients for the children and it should include following foods:
- Large variety of foods must be provided for the children like fruits, salads, meats, vegetables, nuts and whole grains.
- Kids need fats for their daily activities and these fatty acids are present in the foods like tuna, sesame seeds, nuts, salmon and sardines, sunflower seeds, almonds, corn and avocado. But these fatty acids must be consumed in moderation.
- Another essential nutrient for the children is proteins, as they help in the growth of kids and these essential proteins can be found in foods such as cheese, turkey, eggs, chicken, beef, lamb, fish and some grains of millet and oats.
- Carbohydrate is another nutrient vital for kids, these carbohydrates provides energy for the children and these can be provided to the children by including carbohydrate rich foods in their diet.
- Children should be avoided from taking foods such as processed breakfast foods, candies, chips and sugary juices because these contains unhealthy ingredients and also high calories which are not good for children.
- Include blueberries in the children’s diet as they are rich in antioxidants and these blueberries also serve as a major brain booster.
- Along with the balanced diet indulge the children in some physical activities such as walking, running and playing games which provides fun for the children. These physical activities helps to lose some calories and this is a part of healthy living that will carry over into adulthood.
Children when provided with right balanced diet will grow fast and healthily, thus having a very healthy lifestyle in future.