Indoor garden is the only way for people especially city gardeners who do not have space for a garden. It is also the option for those who wish to have greenery in their home even during long winter months. Different indoor plants can be grown in your home. However, certain care is necessary to maintain your indoor garden. Here are some suggestions needed for indoor garden care.
- The most important feature for indoor gardening is lighting for the plant. Based on the light present inside your home, you need to select the type of plant. Artificial lighting such as a fluorescent lamp may be used as a supplement source of light. Ensure that you select plants that need low and moderate light if you do wish to provide extra light. In order to promote the upright growth of a plant, rotate it towards the light.
- Caring for indoor plants include watering. Water required for indoor plants varies with the type of plant, humidity level in your home, and the type of pot used. Thorough watering of the plant is to be maintained. Ensure that the water is able to drain out of the bottom of the pot.
- Maintain appropriate humidity levels in your home. You can use a humidifier to increase the level of humidity.
- Feeding the plants regularly with fertilizers is necessary. Ensure that they are given in appropriate dilutions.
- Many container plants need re potting from time to time. When the roots come out through the drainage holes or coil around the inner edges of the container, you need to re pot the plant.
- Along with watering, right temperature is also essential for indoor garden plants. Rapid changes in temperature may damage your plants.
In order to enjoy indoor gardening for a long time, it is necessary that you follow these suggestions.