It is an arduous process for screening nannies on your own. So, many people take help of nanny referral agencies. Organizations which help you to find a nanny based on your requirements are termed as nanny referral agencies. You can get the best matches of nannies for the needs of childcare. However, it is essential to select a right agency which is reputable and trustworthy. Here are some suggestions for choosing a right one.
- Experience of an agency acts as a predictor of success. So ask how long the agency had been in the business.
- It is also good to know the number of nannies provided by the agency with correct matches for families per month or per year.
- Find the success rate of an agency with respect to placements.
- Get the details of fees and refund policies of the agency.
- Check if the agencies are involved in screening the nannies. Some agencies help in verifying the employment history of prospective nannies. Criminal background checks are also conducted by some agencies.
- Verify if the agency provides training in CPR or first aid. Also check if it provides any training materials, tips and techniques for nannies.
- You can prefer to choose agencies with professional affiliations such as the International Nanny Association, the National Association for the Education of Young Children, and the Alliance of Professional Nanny Agencies.
- Check if the agency provides after-placement support. It is the responsibility of an agency to check for the satisfaction of the match at the end of the first week and first month.
- You can ask your friends, relatives, and colleagues for agency references.
These suggestions can help you find a right nanny referral agency that ensures the safety and well-being of your children.