Asset searches involve search for assets and holdings of a person or an entity. Those assets which are not available to public records are checked during asset searches. Many people possess unclaimed properties and these are easily trapped by detectives. Many policies are tried by investigators to find unclaimed properties and money.
- Media avenues can be tapped by the private investigation agencies. Lot of information can be obtained through this process.
- Some State and Federal governments put the information of lost funds or assets in some websites. These sites act as online guide for investigators to find any unclaimed assets regarding their case.
- Databases of Housing and Urban Development sites may be helpful for finding some unclaimed assets.
- Checking for bank accounts may provide some details of unclaimed property and money.
- The activities and performance of a person at the place of employment can be traced by surveillance techniques. Income and wages of a particular person can be known from the workplace.
- Unearned income and assets which comes from rental properties, stocks and interests could be known by gathering information from other people involved in other real estate businesses.
Finding all these is very difficult for a normal person. However, it is easy to find these details by an investigator.