A titanium root that is used in dentistry to support any restorations is called a dental implant. Dental implants resemble a tooth or a group of teeth. Dental implants are more advantageous when compared to dentures. Some of the benefits of dental implants are given here under.
- Dental implants are aesthetic. As they look like real teeth, there will be a safe feeling for the patient. Bone loss and gum recession can be avoided by dental implants as they get integrated into the structure of the bone.
- There is no need to alter any adjacent teeth for supporting implant. Unlike bridges, there is no change in quality of adjacent teeth.
- As they look like real teeth, a patient can be comfortable and confident while speaking or eating. Some risks of use of dentures and clicks can be avoided by dental implants. So security is also ensured.
- They are very much reliable as the success rate of dental implants is highly predictable.
- Dental implants are more convenient.
- Dental implants are not removable unlike dentures. Dentures might get slipped off from the gum during eating. As the dental implants are attached to the roots they cannot be slipped or removed.
- There is no need to take out dental implants for cleaning. Dentures had to be taken out for cleaning or rinsing. Dental implants can be cleaned just like real teeth.
- Implant-supported full bridges or dentures can be designed which are long-lasting. They are more stable and comfortable. Natural biting and chewing capacity are allowed by them.
- Dental implants are integrated with the jaw bone and helps in keeping the bone intact and healthy.
So many benefits are provided by dental implants. Due to these advantages, people prefer to use dental implants to conventional dentures.