Mouth ulcers are sores which heal by themselves within 7-10 days. There is no specific cause of mouth ulcers. Vitamin or nutritional deficiency is one of the causes and one should follow healthy or nutritious diet to prevent mouth ulcers. Here are some of the food tips to follow in order to cure or prevent mouth ulcers.
- Consumption of vegetables and fruits containing vitamin B like green leafy vegetables, bananas, citrus fruits, cereals, wheat grains etc. have proven effective to cure mouth ulcers.
- Daily intake of B-Complex vitamins can help in treating mouth sores.
- Vitamin-C plays a vital role in repairing the skin surrounding the sores. Juices made from oranges, grapefruit and guava are recommended for curing mouth ulcers.
- Iron plays an important role to build red blood cells, capable of fighting against the cause of mouth sores. So, dark green vegetables, beet roots etc should be consumed more to cure mouth sores.
- Simply chew 4-5 basil leaves with water 2-3 times a day or boil the leaves with water and consume the boiled water. You can also apply the paste on the affected area.
- Eat raw salad containing more onions and vegetables which helps in curing mouth sores.
- Consume cooling foods like water melon, lettuce, cucumber and pears. Yoghurt is also useful in curing or healing mouth sores.
- Avoid spicy and hot foods which increase the problem.
- Avoid tea and coffee consumption.
- Avoid salty and sweet foods.
- Choose natural and non-fatty foods rich in vitamin B, vitamin A, vitamin C, folic acid and Iron.
The changed food habits will certainly bring improvement in relieving the pain caused from mouth sores.