Cleaning your car tires will not only improve the car’s appearance but also ensures better braking and traction control. If you don’t clean your tires regularly, the dust gets accumulated and can damage the effectiveness of break pads.
This article contains some tips for cleaning your car tires and wheels.
Tips for cleaning car tires
1) Using a tire cleaner
When cleaning your car tires, it is important for you to use proper cleaning agent. There are many tire cleaners available in the market especially for removing the elements that obstructs its performance. Based on the instructions given on the packaging of the cleaner, apply the cleaner on your tires and wheels.
2) Scrub your tires
For removing all the dirt and debris that accumulates on the tires with everyday driving, use a feather bristled brush. Start scrubbing the wheel and rise off before moving to next wheel. See to it that you get in to the crevices of the tire where the break pads are. This is the area where most of the dust gets accumulated. If necessary, rinse and repeat again.
3) Dry with a cloth
Never forget to dry your entire tire and wheel. Use a terry cloth for drying it. And remember, once the towel used for drying the tires and wheels, it should be used for tires only. Drying of water prevents spots or stains from water. Further, the wax you may be applying to your tires will get dissolved and will not work properly.
4) Applying wax
Once your tires are dry, apply a wheel wax in order to seal the surface of the wheel. With an applicator pad, apply the wax and buff the wheel. This will not only make your wheels shiny but also protects them from UV rays which can break down the rubber of the tires.
Spending a few extra minutes for cleaning your car tires will provide you with extra miles in future.
Schools zones are supposed to keep safe for kids. This is because the kids arrive and leave the school. Caregivers and the parents those who drive in school neighborhoods and on school campus need more care in driving by following the safe driving practices. During the times of arrival and dismissal, drivers are hurry and distracted. It leads to unsafe conditions to the students and other people those who are driving, bicycling and walking in that area. Follow these tips for safety driving at school zones.
- Children may ride in front you or unexpectedly run or cross the street at the wrong place. While you are driving in a school zone, know what is around you.
- Stop your vehicle at crosswalks and stop signs properly. It is illegal to pass through one held by a crossing guard or a stationary stop sign or other safety representative.
- Follow the speed limits imposed or indicated in that area. The chances are more to injure a pedestrian when you are driving faster. If you are faster the serious of injury is also high.
- Put away from the distracting electronic devices. In a few states it is illegal to use the cell phones while driving in school zones. It is even good to do not use while driving at any place. Talking on cell phone will reduce the reaction time. Even a couple of seconds also can double the chance of crashing.
- Texting while driving is as dangerous as drunk drunk driving.
- Avoid stopping on crosswalks or double parking to let the children out of the vehicle. It blocks the visibility of other motorists and other children. During the fog or rainy seasons, on the car windows condensation will form. It will further decrease the visibility.
- Make the contact with walkers on the road. If you are unable to made eye contact with pedestrians, expect that they did not see you and just going.
- At different locations across the street from the school, don’t loading and unloading the children. It leads to cross the streets unnecessarily by the children.
- Give sufficient place to the buses to load and unload the children. Keep ten feet away from the school bus. If you tempt to violate the rules, you will be caught on the rear camera of the school bus.
- If you are a commuter and not a parent or no need to go for pickup and dropping the children at the school, avoid the school zone if you can and choose a new route.
The most dangerous period at the school zone is after the school period between 3 pm and 4 pm. This is the time more school pedestrians are killed by the motorists. So be more careful during this time.
Maintaining your car tires will not only increase the safety of yourself and the passengers, but also help in driving vehicle for long time and someday selling it for better price. Learn about how to extend the life of the tires. Here are few simple tips.
- Check the tire pressure regularly – This should be done weekly or at least once in a month. See to it that you use the manufacturer’s recommended pressure indicated on the tires. Unscrew the cap on the tire’s air intake and hold the tire pressure gauge against it. Allow the air to flow in to the gauge and out of the tire. All the tires of your vehicle should be evenly inflated.
- Check frequently for any cuts or holes in the tires – Roads are full of debris and small particles, some of which can be glass pieces, nails etc which are sharp that damages the tires immediately or could slowly leak off tire pressure. In order to avoid changing the car tire in the middle of the road, repair any minor or small cuts and holes if you find any of these on your tires. If the holes are large or deep or any kind of abrasion on the tires, replace the tires.
- Rotate tires whenever changing oil – Generally, front tires can wear out more quickly than the rears as the front tires have to turn the car and also accelerate it. Also 60 – 80% of braking is done by front tires. It will be convenient and best time to change your tires every time whenever you get an oil change. You can rotate your car tires yourself or get it done by the mechanic. If you are rotating tires yourself, use a car jack as it would be safe. Trade the wheels between the axles. Switching the tires on the same axle should be avoided and also avoid moving the tires in criss-cross pattern.
Rotating your tires regularly is very important to avoid sudden stopping of your car in middle of the road.
- Keep your tires properly aligned – Have your vehicle’s wheel alignment checked regularly and get adjusted if needed. Poor alignment is the most common cause of tire wear. Regular alignment check should be done preferably at every other oil change. An equipment is used by the mechanic to balance and align the tires in order to ensure that your car tires remain parallel to each other and perpendicular to the ground. Check your wheel alignment especially when you hit a major pot hole.
- Watch your driving style – An effective way to extend the life of your car tires is to use a less aggressive driving style. Avoid sudden brakes because this can burn the rubber of your tires. If your car has got traction/stability control, turn on to their highest settings. This is the car feature that help maintains control by limiting tire slippage when accelerating.
The linkage system of shock absorbers and springs that are connected to vehicle’s body and its wheels is called suspension. The important function of the suspension is to keep the wheels in contact with the road. It allows the relative motion between wheels and vehicle. Suspension system serve for driving pleasure by contributing the vehicle’s braking for good active safety and handling/road holding. It will reasonably be isolated from vibrations, bumps, road noise, etc., and keep the vehicle occupants comfortable. The front and rear suspension of a car may be different.
Need of suspension and its job in the vehicle
Bumps on the road causes the vehicle’s wheels up and down perpendicularly to the surface of the road. In these situations, the vehicle frame also moves in the same direction. During the bump upward movement wheels completely lose contact with the road. Then, the gravity force the vehicle downwards which causes the wheels slam on to the surface of the road. Here, that energy absorbing system is required for the body and frame to ride undisturbed.
Vehicle dynamics is the name for the study of forces at work on moving vehicle. You need to understand some of the vehicle dynamics to understand better the suspension in your car.
The dynamics of a moving car considered by most of the automobile engineers in two perspectives. Those are ride and handling. Ride is the ability of a car to smooth out a bumpy road. Handling is the ability of a car to safely brake, corner and accelerate. These two are described by three principles. Those are cornering, road isolation and holding principles. Now we will discuss them briefly.
- One of the principles is related to the ability of the car to travel at the corner or the curved path. The goal at the curved path is to minimize the body roll. At the corners, one side of the vehicle is lowering and opposite side raise. The solution for this is weight transfer during cornering from high side to the low side of the vehicle.
- The vehicle body needs to allow the ride to travel over rough roads. So, the road shock isolating or absorbing ability of a vehicle from the passenger compartment is another important principle. Without causing undue oscillation in the vehicle, the suspension absorbs the road bumps energy and dissipates it.
- The road surface of a car changes in various directions in the straight line. For example, while braking, the weight of the car gets transferred to the front tires and while acceleration it transfers to rear tires. So, the contact with the road is required, as it is the friction between road and tires that can effect vehicle’s ability to accelerate, brake and steer. The solution for this is weight transfer from front to back and side to side.
Suspension would not be necessary when the road is perfectly flat without any irregularities. But, even newly paved highways also far from flat. They have subtle imperfections which can interact with the car’s wheels. So, suspension is an important part in your car to ride comfortably on the road.
Headlight repair or headlight restoration involves the process of cleaning headlight lens. An equipments available in local auto parts store or with headlight cleaner kits. First, check all the required things. You need to headlight restoration kit, elbow grease, detailing cloths or dry towels, power drill (depends on your restoration kit), painters or masking tape, and a spray bottle with cold water, or window cleaner or car wash solution.
- First you need to remove debris and surface level dirt. To do so, clean the headlight area with water and soap. You can also do the trick with household glass cleaner. Wait until the headlights are completely dry, and then move to the next step.
- Taper the surrounding areas or the headlights touching painted panels. It prevents the damage to the paint during the process. Some restoration kits like turtle wax are required to apply a clarifying compound coat to headlamp assembly before you are going to sanding process. For other kits may not need then you may skip the below step.
- Both kits provide a few different sandpaper strengths or grits. Using a spray bottle filled with lubricant or water, get the sandpaper piece and wet the headlight. With the lowest number pressure of the sandpaper piece rub in a side to side motion. Do not touch the car’s other parts. Always keep headlight assembly and sandpaper piece as wet with water. Then rub with up and down motion.
- Dry the lens assembly of the headlight with detailing cloth or paper towel.
- Apply a dab of the given polisher paste or liquid to buffing ball or an applicator pad. Almost immediately You should be able to see the clarity difference of the headlights. With a detailing cloth or paper towel dry the headlight lens assembly.
- After you are satisfied with the improved look of the headlights, finish the job by pouring sealer protectant with conservative amount on to towel or separate applicator pad. In case of turtle wax, a small towelette already applied, and run it.
- Remove the tape that you applied in the beginning to the headlights. By this you are done the restoring. Let the sealant sit for some time probably for a few hours.
Any make and any vehicle such as domestic or foreign, car or truck will affect by the cloudy headlights. The number of those vehicles can be in hundreds of thousands. If you go for restore or replacement to any dealer or mechanic, it will be very expensive. So by doing yourself will save your valuable money as well it is easy and quick. Anyone can do it without any type of special training.
According a study by Forrester, in 2012 the spend on digital display ads was $12.7 billion By 2017 this number would be $28 billion. Unfortunately most of the digital advertising is being wasted or is misguided. This is because often a simple strategy and marketing plan is not followed. This results in the investment on advertising goes wasted. The following will help you make your banner advertising more effective.
- Research for the best suitable ad for you: Before you are creating Internet ad, start by analyzing others’ ads. You can get a clear idea with your competitors’ ads. Check what your competitors are doing, whether it is right or wrong, those ads are too busy, whether they are specific or not enough. You can find those ads by visiting major portals like msn.com. Find three or more ads of your competitors that are more attractive for you. Look at them for common attractions. It will help you to add those attractive features in your ads.
- Make sure graphics and text is clearly indicating message: The main objective of a banner ad is to take particular action after a user viewing the ad. To capture the user’s interest, a clear and strong message will help. Clear communication is simply that to tell the potential customers as understanding what you are selling and the benefits you are offering.
- Keep the ad file size small: Some websites and ad servers will give the limit of ad file size. Whether they given or not keep your file size low. Generally considered that a 468 x 60 pixel banner ad should be 12 kb or less, and make sure to do not exceed any ad to more than 50 kb. If the file size is bigger, it will take longer time to load the website, so the user may leave the website before the ad displayed. A bigger size of the files also leads user frustration. One of the easiest ways to make the file size small is, limit the colors and save it in GIF file format.
- Place then in right website: Design the banner ads only after you look at the site that you want to run your campaign. Check the colors, templates and font of the site. Users should not get distracted by your ad because of the content when they visit the website. Make sure to the website you choose has suitable audience for your business, the number of potential customers is also an important factor to consider.
Creativeness is very important in marketing. When it comes to internet advertising creativeness will grab the attention of the users and give you good results. The way that a marketer combine animation, graphics, colors and words are critical to the success of the campaign.
As a parent, you want to give good things to your children. You feel it obliged to give your best to their children. Great to do so. Providing the child with his/her own bedroom can make them feel comfortable. Make it a place where children can enjoy studying, playing and sleeping. Decorating kid’s bedroom can be easy provided you follow a few important points. This article discusses those points.
Furniture for child’s bedroom: Furniture placed in a proper way enhances the look in the room. Place a bunk bed towards a wall instead of two single beds or double beds. Make sure that this bed has storage drawers so that you need not keep separate storage shelves. This can save more floor space for easy movements. See that it does not block the pathways. Keep two chairs in some corner of the room so that they will be out of the way when moving around. Place only necessary furniture that will give you more space.
Lighting for child’s bedroom: Firstly, there should be enough ceiling light to light overall room. Place task lights, as these lights are important for encouraging children learn, write and do their homework.
Make sure to keep an adjustable lamp on the desk, or a table with lamps adjusted on it. This will be helpful to the child. Some children may be afraid of darkness, so it is essential to have night lamps in the room. Night lamps come in various styles and colors that can enhance the look of the child’s bedroom. Choose one.
Artwork for child’s bedroom: Calendar can be used as an artwork. It is the best idea for decorating children bedroom. Paste a calendar in a frame that is bigger than calender, so that the calender is centralized in the frame. Select the calender that can tear off easily each month.
Books that are not readable can also be used as an artwork. After removing the covers of the book frame and hang them. Artwork makes child’s bedroom more interesting place where they can feel proud in calling others and showing them.
Flooring for the child’s bedroom: Bedrooms are the places to rest and relax. It requires a peaceful atmosphere. Carpets are the best solutions as they reduce the noise coming from outside as well as they block children’s activities such as jumping, playing and stomping noises from going outside especially when the room is located on upper floor. Carpets comes in various colors, patterns and designs. Select the one that goes with the theme.
With many decorative ideas and techniques you can transform a child’s bed room to make your child more cheerful.
Coming to a deal with the car dealers, adapt an attitude that will help you walk away when you are not getting what you want. Doing so help you find another dealer. No matter how clever and experienced may be the sales person, use this attitude to your advantage. This article furnishes tips that will help you in dealing with the car dealer.
Tips for dealing with the car dealer
1) Doing some homework
Gather as much information as you can about the vehicle you are willing to buy. The Internet and print magazines are good sources. Find whether there are financial incentives and the dealer’s holdback that benefits directly. Holdbacks are the percentage on sales that is given by the manufacturer to the dealer. This actually raises the dealer’s vehicle price, thus makes the vehicle appear costlier than it really is.
Bring all the information you have researched about the vehicle you want to buy, as this will be helpful in convincing the salesman when starting to negotiate the price.
2) Having a budget
You must have a budget in mind, but it should be kept to yourself. If you disclose the budget you have, then the leverage for negotiating gets lower than your budget goes off. Many dealers ask your budget or maximum amount you are willing to spend. So, reply by saying that the amount depends on the car and the type of deal. Keep in mind your financial situation and figure out how much you can actually afford to buy a car. This will help you in taking decisions on the spot.
3) Considering your timings
Generally dealers have to clear their existing car models for making the room for new models. If you don’t mind purchasing the car at the end of the model year, do move forward to buy the car at the end of the year. Most dealers offer special discounts at the end of the year, and during some holidays. So, it is good idea to buy during such periods.
4) Taking a friend
If you know someone who can deflect some of the sales pitches, take them along with you to the dealer, as this will help you in finding out yourself up against various salesman. This can really benefit you when dealing with the dealer, thus overcoming sales tactics.
You don’t need to dress up to show off that you have more money. It is good idea to dress professionally and not to casually as sloppiness will not work, as the salesman will think that he will be wasting time on you.
These tips help you deal with car dealer while purchasing a new car.
Remodeling a house is a very costly venture. To make the home more marketable, home owners are renovate or add upgrades to their homes. However, in all cases it is not worth to the owners. Do the following renovations to get better pay off on your home sale.
- Repair that needs to be fixed: The repairs are the renovations that can yield the most for your home. Whether you will stay in your home or planning to sell, investing on the repairs will worth the most. Fixing the repairs like electrical faulty rewire outlet, replacing the broken tiles in the kitchen, and fixing the leaking roof etc. will go a long way. Sometimes a smallest repair can even increase the value of your home.
- Floors: If you put on the floor of your house will payback as high as three fourth. Replacing the scuffed floors or dated can make small spaces seem larger and a new sheen. If you want to do it by yourself, prepare for a long weekend to make the appropriate changes. First, you need to clear out the furniture. You will need to pry off bottom molding, remove the old flooring and then install the new floor.
- Bathrooms: Most of the bathrooms already have bathtubs and showers along with plumbing infrastructure. So you may likely to replace a little used or outdated tub with a shower which has multiple showerheads and is spacious. As well half bath shower which is decent in size can make it a whole bath and more marketable.
- Kitchen: The small fixtures like appliances, plumbing fixtures, sinks, lighting, and counters in the kitchen can change the look and the cost is far lower than a major renovation. You can get cent percent return on investment on the kitchen repairs.
- Energy efficient: You can install the solar-based energy systems to your home. These will save your money on the energy spending as well you can get a lot of benefits from government those are like, tax benefits, and partially paid by the government for the equipment. It will even make the house more attractive.
- Forget the add-on and opt for remodel: Prefer to upgrade the structure that you already have and remodel when larger renovations are required. The additions to the home can be very costly and the return on investment will be difficult to get. So instead of spending on your home additions upgrade where it is feasible.
If you are planning to renovate, decide to sell the home in nearest future or stay in that home. If you plan carefully, home renovations and remodeling can definitely give a good return on investment.
Search engines are smart enough in ranking your websites. They frequently change the algorithms to defeat the cheaters. So, when you go to choose SEO specialist for your website – do some background work to find a trustworthy SEO specialist because the right one seriously improve your website ranking. In this article, you will how to choose the best SEO specialist for your small businesses.
- Start Searching: You will get large number of SEO service providers. From where you have to choose the organization that will work the hardest for you at an affordable price. So, check in online forums, SEO groups or ask the other business owners whom you trust in choosing the right SEO provider.
But don’t go to SEO firms, who bombard you with phone calls, emails or who will give the 100% assurance of getting No. 1 Google ranking in a short time. Becuase it is not an easy task to get the results over a night. Make sure to choose an SEO service provider that is working with small to medium businesses and who has relevant experience in your industry.
- Compare your Budget with SEO fees: The foremost thing you have to do is decide how much you can afford to pay. Based on that, you can find SEO consultant who can work under your budget.
There are some SEO firms who may ask you to pay by hourly, by monthly to cover the cost of their work. Some others may ask you to pay by percentage of the revenue you earned out of their work. So, choose the reliable means of payment.
- Discuss the process of implementation: After deciding your budget, ask the SEO firm how much they are expecting you to pay. Then discuss on the techniques that they are planning to implement. They should tell you the techniques they follow, if they hesitate to tell you assume the worst.
And also make sure to ask how often they will give updates and reports and how they will track the process to prove your return on investment.
- Check the Testimonials and ask for referrals: You can check the testimonials on their website. But this is not enough to know about the company credibility. So, ask the company to provide some details of their previous clients. From where you can know much about your service provider like in terms of communication, service level, are they abide on their promises they made and so on. Also, try to figure out the SEO firm’s own page ranking to see how well they handling their own SEO.