Tartar is the plaque that hardens on the teeth above the gum line. The solid calculus (tartar) changes the color gray or black in some people when food particles accumulates on this solid deposit. Tartar can only be removed by scaling, a professional cleaning method used by the dentist. There are certain ways to prevent tartar buildup and this article discusses tips for the same.
1) Eating hard fruits and vegetables
Fruits and vegetables that have crispy and hard texture like apples, carrots etc will help scrape off the food particles that gets struck and accumulated on the teeth surface. Moreover, these fruits and vegetables promotes healthy teeth and doesn’t get struck to the teeth. So. It is always advisable to eat hard food after every meal.
2) Flossing teeth at least twice a week
Flossing removes left over tiny food particles from between the teeth where your toothbrush can’t reach. Flossing is the only way to avoid plaque build up, the main factor causing tartar buildup. That is why it is recommended to floss at least twice a week.
3) Having your teeth checked by the dentist regularly
As dental checkups are expensive, most of the people won’t visit the dentist due to lack of insurance coverage. But spending few bugs for saving your teeth is worth. It will cost you more in long run if the condition gets worse. Moreover, nobody likes to loose all of their teeth by age 50. So, it is recommended to visit the dentist and have your teeth checked at least twice a year.
4) Chewing food properly for reducing tartar buildup
Tartar build up on teeth especially at the back of the teeth is common because of improper chewing of food. Food that is hard to swallow gets accumulated on the back teeth leading to tartar buildup and tooth decay.
5) Drink lots of water
Drinking water frequently will not only help you to bring a glow to your skin, but also aids to prevent tooth decay. Water washes away left over tiny food particles that can cause tooth decay. So, drink plenty of water to build up of bacterial plaque.
6) If smoking, quit
Tobacco products (cigarettes, etc.) contain tar that can cause plaque and tartar buildup. Quit smoking as early as possible or start a smoking cessation program so that yo can improve your oral health.
After a professional cleaning by your dentist to remove tartar, you can successfully prevent plaque build up and avoid tartar.
Regular maintenance of brake pads is very essential for you as well as passengers’ safety. There are many things that can significantly impact the life of car brakes. You can make your brakes last longer or you can wear them off quickly. It is your choice. If you want to make your brakes last longer, here are tips that will help you increase the life of your brakes.
Do not drive too fast
Stopping and braking your car at high speed is one of the most horrible things you can do to your car. It can do lots of damage to your braking system. Obviously, you may require to do so in emergency situations, but always doing the same will have a significant impact on your car brakes. The faster you drive, the more work your brakes have to do. So, try to follow speed limits and slow down before you apply brakes.
Don’t forget to change your brake fluid
Flush out your brake fluid every 2-3 years. Changing brake fluid at regular intervals will improve the efficiency of your brakes. You can do this yourself or you can take your car to the mechanic. If you are not sure about when to change the brake fluid, ask your mechanic during regular maintenance.
Lighten the load/empty your car
Safety should be your first priority and properly functioning brake system is one of the most safety items in your car. Never haul your car with useless stuff, as this may make a huge difference on your brakes. More weight means your brakes need to do more work to stop the car. This has an impact on the life of the brakes. Leave things you don’t need at home or office.
Buy good quality brakes
Buying low quality brakes will save you a little money, but in the long run it turns out to be very expensive. It will also require changing brakes very often.
Keep an eye on the road
Driving requires concentration. So always while driving, keep an eye on the road ahead of you. This is very important in order to avoid sudden stopping which can put atoll on the brakes.
See to it that you maintain your brakes and if required, replace them.
Being afraid of visiting to dental professionals means different things to different people. May be the perception that treatment will hurt, or the sounds or smells that reminds you about the bad experiences in the past when in your childhood. Some people are so scared that they haven’t visited the dentist for years. To help overcome such dental fear, here are some tips for the same.
1) Communicate with your dentist: The best thing you can do to overcome your dental anxiety is talking to the dentist about treatment. If you have anxiety on anything, go ahead and have a candid discussion with the dentist.
2) Find a dentist who understands: Ask your friends and relatives about recommending any dentist they know and whether they had good experience during the dental visits. Your friends and relatives are the good source to find a kind and understanding dentist.
3) Close your eyes, breathe slowly: Close your eyes so that you do not see the needle and other instruments, breathe slowly and then exhale. This helps you ease fear.
4) Take a break: Whenever you start getting anxious or start feeling claustrophobic. Let your dentist know whenever you feel like taking break.
5) Manage your pain: Accept the fact that there is nothing beyond the pain of novocaine shot. The minute you do this, you will be comfortable when giving novocaine.
6) Get distracted: When you enter dentist office, you may be more anxious about what will happen during consultation followed by dental procedure. It is better to distract yourself by reading magazines or watching television which will help you ease fear.
7) Take a friend along with you: The dentist will not mind if you accompany a friend. Taking a friend along with you will also make you feel comfortable.
8) Care for yourself: When you come back, rinse your mouth with warm salt water and ice your jaw whenever you are in pain.
Often fear is about what is unknown. So do not be afraid of asking your dentist questions. And remember visit your dentist regularly because oral health is vital for your overall health.
Mouth ulcers are painful sores that appears in the mouth usually inside of the cheek. You may experience discomfort especially when you eat or drink and even when you brush your teeth. Mouth ulcers are harmless and clear up on their own. Seek medical advice, if it last for more than 3 weeks. This article contains information on the symptom, causes and the treatment for the same.
- A sore or sores in your mouth, tongue or inside of the cheek that are painful
- Sore that are round or oval in shape and grey or white in color with reddish border/edge.
In severe cases, you may also experience;
- Swollen nodes
- Tingling sensation in mouth
Your risk of developing mouth ulcer may increase if you have a family history of mouth ulcers. There are several causes of mouth ulcers and the most common causes are:
- Viral infection
- Consuming too much cidic and citrus fruits like oranges, lemons, tomatoes and strawberries.
- Sometimes because of sharp tooth surface or a dental appliance like braces or dentures that are not properly fit may also cause ulcers.
- Deficiency of certain vitamins and minerals (Vitamin B-12, folic acid, zinc or iron).
- Food allergies
- Mouth injury
- Hormonal imbalance
- Certain medications may cause reaction leading to mouth ulcer.
Mouth ulcers often clear up on their own within couple of days, but there are some measures that help you cure ulcers soon.
- When brushing, use a soft toothbrush.
- Avoid hard food like toast and stick to soft diet.
- Mix equal quantity of water and hydrogen peroxide solution, apply to the ulcers with a cotton swab 2-3 times a day.
- Gargling with salt water can make you feel intense at first, but it will help in reducing pain.
- Reduce stress by doing some relaxing activities like yoga, meditation or exercises.
- Moreover, your dentist/physician may prescribe you an anti microbial ointment or solution that will reduce pain and cure soon.
- Avoid spicy and acidic foods that irritate your mouth like pickles and chutneys.
- Brush your teeth with soft bristled toothbrush
- Seek medical advice to determine whether you are suffering from any vitamin and mineral deficiency.
- Eat healthy and balanced diet and also exercise regularly to avoid stress.
Cleaning your car tires will not only improve the car’s appearance but also ensures better braking and traction control. If you don’t clean your tires regularly, the dust gets accumulated and can damage the effectiveness of break pads.
This article contains some tips for cleaning your car tires and wheels.
Tips for cleaning car tires
1) Using a tire cleaner
When cleaning your car tires, it is important for you to use proper cleaning agent. There are many tire cleaners available in the market especially for removing the elements that obstructs its performance. Based on the instructions given on the packaging of the cleaner, apply the cleaner on your tires and wheels.
2) Scrub your tires
For removing all the dirt and debris that accumulates on the tires with everyday driving, use a feather bristled brush. Start scrubbing the wheel and rise off before moving to next wheel. See to it that you get in to the crevices of the tire where the break pads are. This is the area where most of the dust gets accumulated. If necessary, rinse and repeat again.
3) Dry with a cloth
Never forget to dry your entire tire and wheel. Use a terry cloth for drying it. And remember, once the towel used for drying the tires and wheels, it should be used for tires only. Drying of water prevents spots or stains from water. Further, the wax you may be applying to your tires will get dissolved and will not work properly.
4) Applying wax
Once your tires are dry, apply a wheel wax in order to seal the surface of the wheel. With an applicator pad, apply the wax and buff the wheel. This will not only make your wheels shiny but also protects them from UV rays which can break down the rubber of the tires.
Spending a few extra minutes for cleaning your car tires will provide you with extra miles in future.
Schools zones are supposed to keep safe for kids. This is because the kids arrive and leave the school. Caregivers and the parents those who drive in school neighborhoods and on school campus need more care in driving by following the safe driving practices. During the times of arrival and dismissal, drivers are hurry and distracted. It leads to unsafe conditions to the students and other people those who are driving, bicycling and walking in that area. Follow these tips for safety driving at school zones.
- Children may ride in front you or unexpectedly run or cross the street at the wrong place. While you are driving in a school zone, know what is around you.
- Stop your vehicle at crosswalks and stop signs properly. It is illegal to pass through one held by a crossing guard or a stationary stop sign or other safety representative.
- Follow the speed limits imposed or indicated in that area. The chances are more to injure a pedestrian when you are driving faster. If you are faster the serious of injury is also high.
- Put away from the distracting electronic devices. In a few states it is illegal to use the cell phones while driving in school zones. It is even good to do not use while driving at any place. Talking on cell phone will reduce the reaction time. Even a couple of seconds also can double the chance of crashing.
- Texting while driving is as dangerous as drunk drunk driving.
- Avoid stopping on crosswalks or double parking to let the children out of the vehicle. It blocks the visibility of other motorists and other children. During the fog or rainy seasons, on the car windows condensation will form. It will further decrease the visibility.
- Make the contact with walkers on the road. If you are unable to made eye contact with pedestrians, expect that they did not see you and just going.
- At different locations across the street from the school, don’t loading and unloading the children. It leads to cross the streets unnecessarily by the children.
- Give sufficient place to the buses to load and unload the children. Keep ten feet away from the school bus. If you tempt to violate the rules, you will be caught on the rear camera of the school bus.
- If you are a commuter and not a parent or no need to go for pickup and dropping the children at the school, avoid the school zone if you can and choose a new route.
The most dangerous period at the school zone is after the school period between 3 pm and 4 pm. This is the time more school pedestrians are killed by the motorists. So be more careful during this time.
Maintaining your car tires will not only increase the safety of yourself and the passengers, but also help in driving vehicle for long time and someday selling it for better price. Learn about how to extend the life of the tires. Here are few simple tips.
- Check the tire pressure regularly – This should be done weekly or at least once in a month. See to it that you use the manufacturer’s recommended pressure indicated on the tires. Unscrew the cap on the tire’s air intake and hold the tire pressure gauge against it. Allow the air to flow in to the gauge and out of the tire. All the tires of your vehicle should be evenly inflated.
- Check frequently for any cuts or holes in the tires – Roads are full of debris and small particles, some of which can be glass pieces, nails etc which are sharp that damages the tires immediately or could slowly leak off tire pressure. In order to avoid changing the car tire in the middle of the road, repair any minor or small cuts and holes if you find any of these on your tires. If the holes are large or deep or any kind of abrasion on the tires, replace the tires.
- Rotate tires whenever changing oil – Generally, front tires can wear out more quickly than the rears as the front tires have to turn the car and also accelerate it. Also 60 – 80% of braking is done by front tires. It will be convenient and best time to change your tires every time whenever you get an oil change. You can rotate your car tires yourself or get it done by the mechanic. If you are rotating tires yourself, use a car jack as it would be safe. Trade the wheels between the axles. Switching the tires on the same axle should be avoided and also avoid moving the tires in criss-cross pattern.
Rotating your tires regularly is very important to avoid sudden stopping of your car in middle of the road.
- Keep your tires properly aligned – Have your vehicle’s wheel alignment checked regularly and get adjusted if needed. Poor alignment is the most common cause of tire wear. Regular alignment check should be done preferably at every other oil change. An equipment is used by the mechanic to balance and align the tires in order to ensure that your car tires remain parallel to each other and perpendicular to the ground. Check your wheel alignment especially when you hit a major pot hole.
- Watch your driving style – An effective way to extend the life of your car tires is to use a less aggressive driving style. Avoid sudden brakes because this can burn the rubber of your tires. If your car has got traction/stability control, turn on to their highest settings. This is the car feature that help maintains control by limiting tire slippage when accelerating.
The linkage system of shock absorbers and springs that are connected to vehicle’s body and its wheels is called suspension. The important function of the suspension is to keep the wheels in contact with the road. It allows the relative motion between wheels and vehicle. Suspension system serve for driving pleasure by contributing the vehicle’s braking for good active safety and handling/road holding. It will reasonably be isolated from vibrations, bumps, road noise, etc., and keep the vehicle occupants comfortable. The front and rear suspension of a car may be different.
Need of suspension and its job in the vehicle
Bumps on the road causes the vehicle’s wheels up and down perpendicularly to the surface of the road. In these situations, the vehicle frame also moves in the same direction. During the bump upward movement wheels completely lose contact with the road. Then, the gravity force the vehicle downwards which causes the wheels slam on to the surface of the road. Here, that energy absorbing system is required for the body and frame to ride undisturbed.
Vehicle dynamics is the name for the study of forces at work on moving vehicle. You need to understand some of the vehicle dynamics to understand better the suspension in your car.
The dynamics of a moving car considered by most of the automobile engineers in two perspectives. Those are ride and handling. Ride is the ability of a car to smooth out a bumpy road. Handling is the ability of a car to safely brake, corner and accelerate. These two are described by three principles. Those are cornering, road isolation and holding principles. Now we will discuss them briefly.
- One of the principles is related to the ability of the car to travel at the corner or the curved path. The goal at the curved path is to minimize the body roll. At the corners, one side of the vehicle is lowering and opposite side raise. The solution for this is weight transfer during cornering from high side to the low side of the vehicle.
- The vehicle body needs to allow the ride to travel over rough roads. So, the road shock isolating or absorbing ability of a vehicle from the passenger compartment is another important principle. Without causing undue oscillation in the vehicle, the suspension absorbs the road bumps energy and dissipates it.
- The road surface of a car changes in various directions in the straight line. For example, while braking, the weight of the car gets transferred to the front tires and while acceleration it transfers to rear tires. So, the contact with the road is required, as it is the friction between road and tires that can effect vehicle’s ability to accelerate, brake and steer. The solution for this is weight transfer from front to back and side to side.
Suspension would not be necessary when the road is perfectly flat without any irregularities. But, even newly paved highways also far from flat. They have subtle imperfections which can interact with the car’s wheels. So, suspension is an important part in your car to ride comfortably on the road.
Headlight repair or headlight restoration involves the process of cleaning headlight lens. An equipments available in local auto parts store or with headlight cleaner kits. First, check all the required things. You need to headlight restoration kit, elbow grease, detailing cloths or dry towels, power drill (depends on your restoration kit), painters or masking tape, and a spray bottle with cold water, or window cleaner or car wash solution.
- First you need to remove debris and surface level dirt. To do so, clean the headlight area with water and soap. You can also do the trick with household glass cleaner. Wait until the headlights are completely dry, and then move to the next step.
- Taper the surrounding areas or the headlights touching painted panels. It prevents the damage to the paint during the process. Some restoration kits like turtle wax are required to apply a clarifying compound coat to headlamp assembly before you are going to sanding process. For other kits may not need then you may skip the below step.
- Both kits provide a few different sandpaper strengths or grits. Using a spray bottle filled with lubricant or water, get the sandpaper piece and wet the headlight. With the lowest number pressure of the sandpaper piece rub in a side to side motion. Do not touch the car’s other parts. Always keep headlight assembly and sandpaper piece as wet with water. Then rub with up and down motion.
- Dry the lens assembly of the headlight with detailing cloth or paper towel.
- Apply a dab of the given polisher paste or liquid to buffing ball or an applicator pad. Almost immediately You should be able to see the clarity difference of the headlights. With a detailing cloth or paper towel dry the headlight lens assembly.
- After you are satisfied with the improved look of the headlights, finish the job by pouring sealer protectant with conservative amount on to towel or separate applicator pad. In case of turtle wax, a small towelette already applied, and run it.
- Remove the tape that you applied in the beginning to the headlights. By this you are done the restoring. Let the sealant sit for some time probably for a few hours.
Any make and any vehicle such as domestic or foreign, car or truck will affect by the cloudy headlights. The number of those vehicles can be in hundreds of thousands. If you go for restore or replacement to any dealer or mechanic, it will be very expensive. So by doing yourself will save your valuable money as well it is easy and quick. Anyone can do it without any type of special training.
According a study by Forrester, in 2012 the spend on digital display ads was $12.7 billion By 2017 this number would be $28 billion. Unfortunately most of the digital advertising is being wasted or is misguided. This is because often a simple strategy and marketing plan is not followed. This results in the investment on advertising goes wasted. The following will help you make your banner advertising more effective.
- Research for the best suitable ad for you: Before you are creating Internet ad, start by analyzing others’ ads. You can get a clear idea with your competitors’ ads. Check what your competitors are doing, whether it is right or wrong, those ads are too busy, whether they are specific or not enough. You can find those ads by visiting major portals like msn.com. Find three or more ads of your competitors that are more attractive for you. Look at them for common attractions. It will help you to add those attractive features in your ads.
- Make sure graphics and text is clearly indicating message: The main objective of a banner ad is to take particular action after a user viewing the ad. To capture the user’s interest, a clear and strong message will help. Clear communication is simply that to tell the potential customers as understanding what you are selling and the benefits you are offering.
- Keep the ad file size small: Some websites and ad servers will give the limit of ad file size. Whether they given or not keep your file size low. Generally considered that a 468 x 60 pixel banner ad should be 12 kb or less, and make sure to do not exceed any ad to more than 50 kb. If the file size is bigger, it will take longer time to load the website, so the user may leave the website before the ad displayed. A bigger size of the files also leads user frustration. One of the easiest ways to make the file size small is, limit the colors and save it in GIF file format.
- Place then in right website: Design the banner ads only after you look at the site that you want to run your campaign. Check the colors, templates and font of the site. Users should not get distracted by your ad because of the content when they visit the website. Make sure to the website you choose has suitable audience for your business, the number of potential customers is also an important factor to consider.
Creativeness is very important in marketing. When it comes to internet advertising creativeness will grab the attention of the users and give you good results. The way that a marketer combine animation, graphics, colors and words are critical to the success of the campaign.